Learn maquette design & sculpting techniques with master sculptor Don Lanning (Star Trek, The Avengers, Hellboy). In part 3 of his designing characters webcourse series, Lanning shares his approach to reworking designs in clay, quickly and effectively, to help sell a concept to a client or filmmaker, including valuable insights into reductive versus additive sculpture.
Approximate Runtime: 02:23:55
- Reshaping an existing concept
- Using the elimination of elements for inspiration
- Finding a character’s emotional tone
- Using various smoothing techniques
- Don Lanning’s velvety voice