Buy Rebroadcast now or wait until this title is released into our On-Demand Library.
Tentative On-Demand Release Date: September 2017
During this 3-Day Online Webcourse, Bruce D. Mitchell (Pacific Rim, Iron Man 3, Predators) will teach you how turn an inanimate mask into a work of wearable, dynamic art, full of movable (and removable) elements. Using clays, epoxy, lenses, magnets, and variety of fastening devices, Mitchell will share his unique techniques for adding a new level of functionality and surprise to your mask creations.
LIVE WEBCOURSE HIGHLIGHTS
- "Make a Mask 1 & 2" Review
- Sculpting Goggles & Mouth Piece
- Creating Epoxy Forms Over Clay
- How to Sculpt with a Rotary Tool (aka Dremel)
- Working with Magnets & Alternate Attachment Methods
- Accessorizing & Finishing your Mask
DAY 1 - Saturday, February 18th, 2017 - 9am - 1pm PST
- Briefly review How to Make a Mask Parts 1 & 2
- Build up clay undersculpts for Goggles and Mouth Piece
- Cut lenses for Goggles and place them for alignment
- Set Epoxy and shape over the top of clay undersculpts
Workshop Student Homework - Week 1: Build up clay undersculpts for goggles, mouth piece or other accessories. If project includes goggles, cut lenses. Set epoxy and shape over the top of the clay undersculpts
DAY 2 - Saturday, February 25th, 2017 - 9am - 1pm PST
- Remove now hardened epoxy pieces from mask and clean out clay from epoxy forms
- Pop out or deal with lenses
- Dremel some surface detail into both Goggles and Mouth Piece
- Place and drill holes to set in magnets
Workshop Student Homework - Week 2: Remove hardened epoxy pieces and lean out clay from epoxy forms. Dremel some surface detail into accessories. Place drill holes to set in magnets.
DAY 3 - Saturday, March 1st, 2017 - 9am - 1pm PST
- Show methods of attachment. Discussing T-nuts and Break cable housing
- Attach pieces to mask
- Dressing your mask - Demo of a few examples, leather lair-like strands
- Making the strips, painting and setting
Workshop Student Homework - Week 3: Attach pieces to mask. Dress and finish mask.