Join us LIVE ONLINE and learn digital animation for animatronic puppets with master VFX Artist & Character Mechanic, Craig Caton-Largent (Jurassic Park, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Predator 2).
In this groundbreaking interactive Online Course, Caton will teach students how to use Faceware's markerless facial motion capture system, along with Autodesk Maya, to record and modify a performance, and then how to import it into an animatronic puppet powered by Pololu microcontrollers.
Blending digital & practical effects methodologies in a way that has never been done before, Caton will be sharing an exciting new approach to bringing your mechanical characters to life!
LIVE WEBCOURSE HIGHLIGHTS
- Faceware Facial Motion Capture Technology
- Autodesk Maya - Animation Basics
- Working with Pololu Microcontrollers
- Animating the Animatronic
***Additional notes on the course from Craig***
- You will need a PC computer for this course, the Pololu Controllers only work on PCs.
- Autodesk Maya has graciously agreed to extend their free educational software package to the Stan Winston School students who sign up for Craig's course. Students will receive an email with instructions for how to get the free software well as the AnimServo software Craig is providing.
- AnimServo is my own custom software that I wrote, Stan Winston School will provide it to students who sign up for the course. This is the first time it is being made available. AnimServo is a plug-in for Maya that allows you to record animation in Maya and converts it into a script compatible with Pololu's Script editor. It can record from one to 24 servos. Faceware is working with SWSCA jointly on this project and is aware that people will be using the software for the webcourse.
For course questions or technical assistance please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IF I CAN'T TUNE IN LIVE? WILL I BE ABLE TO WATCH THE COURSE?
Even if you can't tune in live, you'll be able to watch the stream of the webcourse whenever you want, after it is shot. Once you buy a Live Webcourse, you own the stream forever. You'll be able to watch the YouTube video whenever you'd like. When the course is transitioned to the On-Demand library, you will be given access to the On-Demand streams and the YouTube videos will be shut down.
HOW DO I FIND THE LIVE VIDEO LINK?
After purchasing the course you will see the links to the videos on this page in the right column.
WHY IS THE WEBINAR NOT AVAILABLE LIVE IN GERMANY?
YouTube does not provide live streaming in Germany https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2853834?hl=en&ref_topic=2853698
I PURCHASED THE WEBCOURSE, BUT NOW IT SAYS THE RECORDED VIDEO IS "PRIVATE"?
Please email email@example.com include your webcourse title and the email you use to log in to YouTube.