View by Chapters
- Title - 00:00:00
- Introduction - 00:00:38
- Why We Write Creatures - 00:03:18
- What If? - 00:06:23
- The Other - 00:10:27
- The Building Blocks - 00:12:09
- Creature Type - 00:12:59
- Every Creature Needs A Hero - 00:14:31
- Reinvention - 00:17:46
- Motivation - 00:21:23
- Conflict - 00:24:36
- Environment - 00:25:50
- Structure - 00:29:17
- The Teaser - 00:31:11
- Defining the Creature - 00:34:21
- Rules - 00:40:02
- The Link - 00:41:55
- The Reveal - 00:46:38
- The Defeat & The Departure - Spoiler Alert - 00:52:31
- In Closing - 01:04:23
Creating Characters that live and breathe on the page is the first step if you want to make a monster movie that works.
Screenwriting character creators, Juliet Snowden & Stiles White will take you through the process of how to create memorable creatures in your special effects horror script using examples from the most well-crafted monster movies in Hollywood history.
- Creating original monsters on the page
- Basic monster movie story structure
- Defining your creature character's "rules"
- Deciding the creature's strengths & weaknesses
- The stages of the monster "reveal"
Approximate Runtime is: 01:05:29
Snowden and White's writing career began when director Wes Craven optioned their supernatural thriller script...View Full Bio and Portfolio Gallery »