In this introductory "animatronic how to" lesson, Stan Winston Studio "Lifer," and Legacy Effects animatronic special character effects designer, Richard Landon, gives a comprehensive overview of the character mechanic's profession.
ON-DEMAND STREAM NOW AVAILABLE WITH CLOSED CAPTIONS IN ENGLISH. CLOSED CAPTIONS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ON DVDS
Approximate Runtime - 00:53:34
- The character mechanical effects designer's toolkit
- Animatronics - how to begin designing character mechanisms
- Controlling character performance - the machines that move the monsters
- Introduction to eye mechanisms & tentacle mechanisms
- Related skills: mold making & puppetry