In PART ONE of this animatronics odyssey, master Creature FX mechanic Rick Lazzarini (ALIENS, SNAKES ON A PLANE, DR. DOLITTLE 2) gets you started on your journey of creating an organic animatronic creature puppet. From lifeless vacuform shell to moving, expressive character puppet, Lazzarini shares tons of budget-friendly tips and techniques that will help you animate your mechanical characters.
Approximate Runtime - 03:39:04
- How to use taxidermy sources for materials & reference
- Overview of push-pull cable mechanics
- Creation of the vacuform underskull
- Discussion of different types of cables & how they’re used
- An overview of servos & transmitters